My chihuahua is a little over six pounds, and he just got into my purse and chewed up a couple pieces of my Stride gum (which is sugar-free and contains Xylitol); I'm not sure if he actually swallowed any pieces or if he just chewed them up, but still I'm worried because I know Xylitol is toxic to dogs. However, he seems to be fine; he's eaten, drank water, and is playing like normal. Plus, he has gotten into the same gum before; the last time, he ate a piece or two and pooped it out the next morning.
Will he be okay? Or should I worry?