Why do cats scream so bad when mating, and how do I stop them from doing it...

Looking for a Mate My Cat Why do cats scream so bad when mating, and how do I stop them from doing it..., ...right under my window????? Every night for the last week, 2;30 in the morning, never fails, I hear a pair of cats mating. The screaming is incredibly loud! Why do ...

24-08-08, 00:50
  Why do cats scream so bad when mating, and how do I stop them from doing it...
...right under my window????? Every night for the last week, 2;30 in the morning, never fails, I hear a pair of cats mating. The screaming is incredibly loud! Why do they scream so loud, and how do I stop them from doing their deed under my bedroom window???
Trust me, I'd love to catch the little buggers and have them spayed/neutered. I'm not a fan of cats, and this is terribly irritating. By the time I'd get outside to spray them, I'm sure they'd bolt.
Chalice, you are so right. In our neighbourhood, we have at least a dozen, if not more cats that desperately need to be spayed or neutered. The town that I live in has said that it's up to us to catch the cats and bring them to the vet clinic. They won't do anything about it. Small town, no funds??? I think they are just lazy!

24-08-08, 00:50

Sounds like a cat fight to me. Are you sure they're mating? You could try keeping a glass of water by your window to throw on them. I've heard that they don't like them smell of really hot sauce, so you could dump some on the ground outside your window.
24-08-08, 00:53

THROW WATER OUT!
They are screeming because the female is being raped.

Trap the cats and have them spayed / neutered (there are free programs) that will stop the screeming!
AND YOU WILL BE DOING THE CAT POPULATION GOOD!
24-08-08, 00:56

Male cats have microscopic barbs on their penises to stimulate ovulation. The barbs face backwards so withdrawal is very painful for the female.

Get hold of an animal shelter that can round them up for you. Bummer that you live in an area with so many unneutered cats.

Chalice
24-08-08, 00:59

Actually that was me. Sorry. I didn't know you were home.
24-08-08, 01:01

The male cats penis has small barbs in it, upon ejaculation the male cat extends these lil spikes into the females vagina. They believe its to help stimulate reproduction.

A lot of the "Screaming" is just an act. If you ever watch kittens as they begin to mature do it, the females will scream the same even without ever being entered. Part of it is from the pain, other part is show.

Interesting note: The male cats semen is actually like a "drug" to the female cat. Causing euphoria.

Any strong odor should keep them away, find something you can tolerate but they can't.
Or like was suggested, dose em with water.

Unless you can prove they are strays, do not spay/nueter them. An owner can actually sue you for doing so. Even if its not a "breeder" cat and its just a mutt house cat ... they can still sue. If your city has a "pets must be sprayed/nuetered law" you might get away wtih it. But most places do not require this.
24-08-08, 01:04

this will sound wierd that I know why but I just do. When the male enters the female, it's a smooth sailing, but when he tries to pull out, little spines are in the female, making pulling out hurt. So he hollars when pulling out.
24-08-08, 01:09

squirt them with a squirt gun it helps

Tags
bad, cats, mating, scream, stop