Why didn't the GOP led congress support Clinton's efforts to kill OBL vs accusing...

Dogs Why didn't the GOP led congress support Clinton's efforts to kill OBL vs accusing..., ...him of "Wag the Dog"? Why were they far more interested in bringing down Clinton than protecting America? - Was accusing him of "Wag the Dog" tactics thei GOP's version ...

24-07-08, 06:11
  Why didn't the GOP led congress support Clinton's efforts to kill OBL vs accusing...
...him of "Wag the Dog"? Why were they far more interested in bringing down Clinton than protecting America?
-
Was accusing him of "Wag the Dog" tactics thei GOP's version of supporting the president?
-
The Conservative Caucus
Wag the Dog?
U.S. Policy on Iraq
http://www.conservativeusa.org/wagdog.htm

24-07-08, 06:24

The Wag the Dog incident was Kosovo. You're mixed up.
24-07-08, 06:29
Joe

I am not sure since I can't get over your question earlier that stated how terrible the Clintons are for America.
24-07-08, 06:31

Funny I was in the army during all of Clinton's reign and was also very tuned in politically and I dont remember any honest attempt by Clinton to kill OBL or even capture him.

I faullt the GOP congress of one thing during the 90s and that is protesting Somalia when they should have supported it- watching old clips of Dole talking about how it was not our business drives me nuts
24-07-08, 06:45

You have it backwards.
24-07-08, 06:52

The president is "commander and chief", Clinton didn't need their permission nor did he ask for it.
24-07-08, 06:52

Go back ands take a look, it was worse than that. in the summer of 98 they actually warned OBL the attack was coming by holding a press conference immediately following their white house briefing in the pending attack. Just enough time for OBL to get out of dodge. My how the world would be different if not for that treasonous act.
24-07-08, 06:53

The Clinton administration proposed many of the same programs and policies while he was president that have been put into place after 911. The problem was that even after 911, people did not want to give the president that much power and were concerned about their constitutionality. If 911 would not have happened, terrorists would still be treated like criminals and we would still not be able to arrest or convict Bin Laden.

It isn't against the law to come from a foreign country to take flight lessons. It is much easier to look back and see what happened than it would be to imagine that it ever would. In that context, its pretty difficult to blame anybody in particular.
24-07-08, 06:53

You're right on target. Too bad for our country and the world that the Republican-led, hypocritical Congress cared more about power and party than their country.
24-07-08, 06:54

Gee.... the way I remember the episode.....

Syria offered Osama Bin Laden to the Clinton administration and on the advice of Janet Reno, Bill Clinton declined the offer because there was no evidence to prosecute OBL in a court of law.

I don't remember Congress playing any role in that bad decision.
24-07-08, 06:55

You would rather us support the destruction of an aspirin factory and a milk factory. Timing was odd too, don't you think? I'm not saying that he bombed the two factories on purpose to try to take the attention off of his impeachment, but why wasn't President Clinton vilified in the press, or the halls of Congress for him using "faulty intelligence" to bomb The Sudan and Iraq?
24-07-08, 06:56

He didn't need to ask permission to attack Serbia. And from what I have read and seen we could have taken Osama out anytime in the 90s. So don't blame the GOP in Congress for Clinton's lack of action. He made the decision and what happened was his responsiblity.
24-07-08, 06:58
actualy the wag the dog was bombing an asprin factory as a weopons of mass desruction factory .it had nothing to do with obl. clinton did turn down obl when he was offered by an african nation.clinton refused to kill obl.
24-07-08, 07:50

this is a good question and you are going to get alot of answers from the far right claiming clinton did nothing to get obama even though the 9/11 commission found out he did a lot ,but even with the FACTS of the 9/11 commission it wont be enough to persuade limbaughs goons to see the truth. here are a list of facts.
#1 bin laden has yet to be indicted for 9/11.he has a indictment for the 1998 U.S. embassy bombings in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and Nairobi, Kenya, and is on the US Federal Bureau of Investigation's Ten Most Wanted Fugitives list.
#2The 9/11 Commission Report further states "In late 1995, when Bin Ladin was still in Sudan, the State Department and the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) learned that Sudanese officials were discussing with the Saudi government the possibility of expelling Bin Ladin. US Ambassador Timothy Carney encouraged the Sudanese to pursue this course. The Saudis, however, did not want Bin Ladin, giving as their reason their revocation of his citizenship. Sudan´s minister of defense, Fatih Erwa, has claimed that Sudan offered to hand Bin Ladin over to the United States. The Commission has found no credible evidence that this was so.
http://origin.www.gpoaccess.gov/911/

MAYBE SOME OF THE REPUBLICANS ON HERE WOULD ACTUALLY READ THE 9/11 COMMISSION REPORT AND SEE THE FACTS EVEN THEIR REPUBLICAN LAWMAKERS HAVE SHOWN THAT DISPELL THE RAMPANT RUMORS PROVIDED BY RIGHT WING TALK RADIO.
24-07-08, 10:30

Clinton never wanted to kill OBL. He was offered him in 1996 but didn't take him because we had no crimes against him. Again, the DEMS see all of terrorism as a matter for the courts.

Tags
accusing, clinton, congress, efforts, gop, kill, led, obl, support

Did curiosity really kill the cat? steph Cats 5 23-07-08 09:15
did curiosity really kill the cat.? kaveman15120 Cats 3 21-07-08 09:30
Can tapeworms eventually kill your cat? Chandler V Cats 2 19-07-08 12:20
Can a Cat realy kill a snake? Tonyboy Cats 1 17-07-08 09:34
Why does my dog's pee kill grass? xxsworn.to.love.deathxx Dogs 4 15-07-08 02:17