How do I convince my parents to let me get a second dog?

Dogs How do I convince my parents to let me get a second dog?, I have a Pomeranian boy. I bought him online from an exlusive 1 litter a year breeder last july. Recently I was surfing and I SAW HIS SISTER. SAME BREEDER. ...

18-08-08, 16:59
  How do I convince my parents to let me get a second dog?
I have a Pomeranian boy. I bought him online from an exlusive 1 litter a year breeder last july. Recently I was surfing and I SAW HIS SISTER. SAME BREEDER. Same colors. I nearly DIED. I thought it was meant to be. My dad says its fine if she says so. ALSO. My birthday is coming up^^. I showed her the doggie and she was awwing and ooing. I said look shes cheap only $995!!! NO. Were not getting another dog. More training more food more expenses more peeing, it goes on. Its not a problem really of the price of the dog its everything else. PLUS. I really want a girl dog! I can't dress Coco up because he is a boy so my parents get mad!
I need serious answers here and fast. Cause she might go away! My mom won't even call in. PLEASE HELP ME!

18-08-08, 18:01

Are you joking or is the dog really $995?!?!

That is pretty expensive but my aunts dogs she sold were over $1,000.

If your parents can afford it, that's great and you must have alot of money!!

Anyway, tell your parents that you will clean up the dogs messes, and look after her, and train her. You have to show your parents that you are very responsible.

Even to reassure your parent even more, call a friend and ask if she can baby-sit your dog ahead of time. Then you can tell her that you already have someone to baby-sit your dog if you have any emergency's.

If your parent is still a little worried about the money, a really good way to raise money is to have a garage sale.

Good luck!!!!
18-08-08, 19:51

Ask your parents if you can come to some sort of agreement about it.
20-08-08, 10:08

here are a few tried and true suggestions that will break your mamas heart of stone. first of all, tell her if she loves you then she will buy you the puppy. if she says no, then ask her why she hates you. then, if she still wont budge, go on a hunger strike. dont eat anything until she agrees to buy you the dog. it is an added plus for you if you pass out or pretend to pass out. if your mom is still against it, then tell her in a creepy voice that you are going to wait until she goes to sleep at night and then put a pillow over her face---dont really do it, but just the threat will be enough go get you your pup of choice....GOOD LUCK
21-08-08, 12:34

well maybe explain 2 ur parents that u already hav a dog so it won't be that much work since u already know every thing bout' them it won't be a first time experience. And maybe -if ur old enough and it's summer- get a job so that u could pay 4 som if the expenses. Since it's a breeder i'm sure it has all of it's shots so thats not a problem. And explain 2 them that it would be so perfect to hav cocoa's sister with cocoa and how perfect that would be. And if they still don't agree maybe secretly call the breeder and ask if he could lower the price or talk 2 ur parents. Hope i helped.
21-08-08, 12:52

Just tell your mom you will get a job to cover the expenses(babysitting) and you will walk and feed it, and its not her place to keep you from buying a dog as long as it will be taken care of.
22-08-08, 01:34

show your parents that you are responsible enough to have another dog. try doing all the pet chores for a few weeks. such as, feeding the dog, walking the dog, and tending to it whenever it barks.

also, if it's the price that your parents don't like, raise some of the money yourself.
23-08-08, 13:05

Sorry, what your mom says goes. Why spend so much? $995 is way to much for someone who ships puppies and breeds them a little too often. (One litter a year is still a bit much by my standards) Be thankful for the dog you have, and considering rescuing a pom later on.

Tags
convince, dog, parents

how do i convince my parents to let me shave my border collie? KissesPerfection Dog Breeds 5 18-08-08 04:35
how to convince my parents to let me get my own puppy? animelover194 Dogs 1 17-08-08 06:19
My Parents Wont Let Me To Have A Pet Rosy Boa. How Can I Convince Them? Jake B Share & Chat 1 11-08-08 11:54
How can I convince my parents to get me a puppy? Catie Bug Dogs 3 11-08-08 02:50
How do I convince my parents to let me get a puppy? chris Dogs 3 10-08-08 17:21